Michelle Park Steel needs to ask her candidate Cole Harris if he is faking his college degree.
California Republican Assembly, American Independent Party & the Apartment Owners Association of California need to ask their candidate David Hernandez if he is faking his college degree.
Most elected positions do not require a college degree.
There are many brilliant Americans who lead companies and communities who do not have a college degree.
But, some government positions do require a college degree.
For example, the office of the California Attorney General requires a law degree as they are the state's top lawyer and law enforcement official.
The California Lieutenant Governor is required to have a college degree as is described in the State of California website "The Lieutenant Governor serves as a voting member of the Board of Regents of the University of California and a voting member of the Board of Trustees of the California State University system."
Clearly, someone who flunked out of college or did not even attend college does not have the skills and background to make important decisions and to govern two of the world’s greatest public university systems that have a combined 33 campuses, 45,605 faculty members and 730,330 students.
UC Berkeley students seemed particularly outraged to learn that the California Republican Party, California Republican Assembly & the Apartment Owners Association of California have endorsed high school educated Cole Harris & David Hernandez to sit on the Board that govern UC Berkeley, a top University that only accepts 17% of its applicants.
There are four Republican candidates running for California Lieutenant Governor of which only 2 have college degrees.
- David Fennell, Bachelor of Science in Commerce, Marketing Degree, Leavey School of Business, Santa Clara University 1991, Master of Arts, University of San Francisco, 1996.
- Lydia Ortega, Bachelor of Arts, Degree Economics, Loyola Marymount University,1980, Master of Arts/ Ph.D George Mason University,1985,1987.
David Fennell is the only Republican candidate who completed all of his college education at California Universities.
HONESTY AND INTEGRITY ARE ALSO IMPORTANT.
IT IS EXTREMELY CONCERNING THAT TWO REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES COLE HARRIS & DAVID HERNANDEZ ARE IMPLYING THEY HAVE COLLEGE DEGREES, THEY DO NOT HAVE, IN AN EFFORT TO GET ON THE BOARD OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA.
ONLINE RECORDS AND OUTSIDE SOURCES INDICATE THAT COLE HARRIS & DAVID HERNANDEZ DID NOT COMPLETE COLLEGE.
If you look at the social media of Cole Harris, when he is not reading a script, or a speech someone else prepared, he comes across as extremely uneducated and dim.
Our campaign likes to describe Mr. Harris's speaking style as “inCOLEherent."
Cole Harris describes himself as a self-made man who started successful companies while getting his college degree.
Yet, we have had members of the City of Lancaster community where Cole Harris grew up contact our campaign office and state that these are lies and that Cole Harris barely made it through high school and worked as a plumber.
During his rape trial he was represented by a public defender indicating he did not have the vast money and education he implies.
We were told that Lancaster is a tight knit community and that Cole Harris was extremely well known for his poor treatment of women and lack of education, which is one of the reasons he is said to have left the country for China.
Similarly David Hernandez, has been implying he is qualified to sit on the Board of Regents of the University of California due to his college degree, but the online records indicate that he seems to have not completed community college and has no degree.
Our suspicions about Cole Harris and David Hernandez faking their college degrees were confirmed in the past few days when the Sacramento Bee put out its official voter guide which required all of the California Lieutenant Governor candidates to put their degrees in a strict format for California Voters to compare candidates in an "apples to apples” grid where you could compare candidates education, their degrees, university and years of graduation.
The Sacramento Bee evaluated all 11 candidates for Lieutenant Governor of which 4 Democrats, 2 Republicans, 2 Independents & 1 Libertarian all confirmed their Bachelor college degrees, thus meeting the minimum criteria to sit on the Board of the University of California.
- Jeff Bleich, Age 57, Democrat, Bachelor Degree, Massachusetts, 1983
- David Fennell, Age 49, Republican, Bachelor Degree, California, 1990
- Tim Ferreira, Age 38, Libertarian, Bachelor Degree, California 2003
- Cameron Gharabiklo, Age 36, Democrat, Bachelor Degree, California, 2003
- Ed Hernandez, Age 60, Democrat, Bachelor Degree, California, 1982
- Eleni Kounalakis, Age 52, Democrat, Bachelor Degree, New Hampshire, 1989
- Gayle McLaughlin, Age 66, Independent, Bachelor Degree, Massachusetts, 1995
- Lydia Ortega, Republican, Age 60, Bachelor Degree, California, 1980
- Danny Thomas, Independent, Age 70, Independent, Bachelor Degree, California, 1971
HOWEVER TWO REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES COLE HARRIS & DAVID HERNANDEZ DID NOT CONFIRM THEIR DEGREES & STATEMENTS MADE IN PLACE OF STATING THEIR COLLEGE DEGREES AND OTHER ONLINE RECORDS INDICATE THEY DROPPED OUT OF COLLEGE
- David Hernandez, Age 69, Republican describes his education as "Community college; public schools K-12" not listing any college degree.
- Cole Harris, Age 45, Republican, describes his education as "Autodidact; Loyola Marymount University" not listing any college degree.
Further research into Cole Harris’s response of his use of the term a "Autodidact" at Loyola Marymount University (LMU) shows that if you call the university that there is no such degree and there is no valid authorization anyone should use the term "autodidact" in relation to this university.
The term "autodidact" is not a common term but if you look it up in Webster’s Dictionary the definition of "autodidact" is "a self-taught person” thus indicating someone without a college degree.
From online research it also appears that petty street thugs such as Cole Harris like to use the term "autodidact" sort of saying they have no education but instead possess self-taught street knowledge.
To confirm this we researched the online website the “Urban Dictionary” which defines “autodidact" as "A self-taught individual; where the self-teaching is marked by a clear absence of external assistance. If self-ascribed, the individual is likely to be an asshole.”
Again there is nothing wrong with not having a college degree.
But, to sit on the Board of the University of California and the Board of the California State University systems which are two of the greatest public school systems in the world, most Californians, college educated or not, would agree that a college degree would be a minimum requirement to sit on a college board.
THE MOST SERIOUS OFFENSE BY COLE HARRIS & DAVID HERNANDEZ IS THAT THEY MISLED CALIFORNIA POLITICAL ORGANIZATIONS, BUSINESSES AND VOTERS IMPLYING THAT THEY HAD A COLLEGE DEGREE IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ENDORSEMENTS TO HELP THEM GET ELECTED OVER QUALIFIED CANDIDATES THAT DID HAVE COLLEGE DEGREES.
The California Republican Party and the California Primary have no place for individuals such as Cole Harris & David Hernandez who purposely lie about their qualifications to get elected.
The Campaign of David Fennell for California Lieutenant Governor would have preferred to simply debate his opponents Cole Harris & David Hernandez on important policy issues.
The Campaign of David Fennell for California Lieutenant Governor would still like to debate his opponents and suggests that since the California Lieutenant Governor sits on the Board of universities that two debates be held at the Alma Mater of the candidates.
Since candidate David Fennell is from Northern California and received his Bachelors from Santa Clara University and his Masters from the University of San Francisco, he suggests that the first debate be at one the Northern California universities where he received his degrees.
To be fair he suggests that since his opponents were from Southern California, and they have implied degrees from Southern California Universities, that the second debate be held at the imaginary Southern California Universities where either David Hernandez or Cole Harris received their degrees.
It was during the effort to arrange a debate with Cole Harris & David Hernandez we learned they were faking the fact they had college degrees.
Our intent was to debate Cole Harris & David Hernandez on policy issues. It should not be our role to vet our opponents to learn they faked their education and are unqualified to sit on the Board of the University of California. The CAGOP and the media should have played and should now begin to play that vetting role.
We ask that the media and the organizations that endorsed Cole Harris & David Hernandez simply contact the candidates and ask them to confirm their four year college degree.
If they lied about their college degrees in attempt to get a position on the Board of the University of California, we ask that the following leaders and groups that endorsed Cole Harris and David Hernandez reverse their endorsements and ask the candidates to get out of the race
COLE HARRIS ENDORSEMENTS
- Dante Acosta, member of the California State Assembly
- Joel Anderson, California State Senator
- Patricia Bates, California Senate Minority Leader
- Frank Bigelow, member of the California State Assembly
- Rocky Chávez, member of the California State Assembly
- Phillip Chen, member of the California State Assembly
- Steven Choi, member of the California State Assembly
- Jordan Cunningham, member of the California State Assembly
- Brian Dahle, California Assembly Minority Leader
- Heath Flora, member of the California State Assembly
- Jean Fuller, California State Senator
- James Gallagher, member of the California State Assembly
- Matthew Harper, member of the California State Assembly
- Kevin Kiley, member of the California State Assembly
- Tom Lackey, member of the California State Assembly
- Devon Mathis, member of the California State Assembly
- Chad Mayes, member of the California State Assembly
- Melissa Melendez, member of the California State Assembly
- Mike Morrell, California State Senator
- Jim Nielsen, California State Senator
- Michelle Park Steel, Orange County Supervisor
- Marc Steinorth, member of the California State Assembly
- Jeff Stone, California State Senator
- Andy Vidak, California State Senator
- Marie Waldron, member of the California State Assembly
DAVID HERNANDEZ ENDORSEMENTS
- Dan Faller, President & CEO of Apartment Owners Association of California, Inc.
- Henry Lozano, former advisor to George W. Bush
- Charlotte Laws, activist and actress
- California Republican Assembly
- Southern California Republican Women and Men
- Apartment Owners Association of California
- Business Environmental Coalition